Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ruche Visits NY in 13 days!!



I live in sunny Southern California where the sun shines pretty much all year round. I have trench coats, thick scarves, and fuzzy warm boots that have been dying to get worn. California rarely gets cold enough! But.... in 13 days, Josh (hubby) and I are heading to New York City for a short 4 day trip! This is our first time to NYC and I haven't been this excited over a vacation in so long.

I CANNOT WAIT to be

-in the middle of the hustle bustle city life
-under the Christmas tree at the Rockefeller center
-ice skating in the snow
-looking up at the Statue of Liberty
-sitting on a beach in the middle of Central Park
-window shopping the pretty Christmas displays
-playing Sartorialist
-eating at all the yummy restaurants
-scrounging for vintage goods at the SOHO vintage shops
-freezing my butt off
-shopping shopping shopping (don't worry, I will be shopping for you too)
-the list goes on and on...

I am currently planning my trip, looking for must see places and must eat at restaurants. If you have any suggestions, please let me know!

I am also working on my outfits to bring with me. Ruche needs to go to NY in style! I'll be dressing up Josh as well haha. Hopefully I can post up pictures of my outfits each day. But somehow, I'm guessing I'll be covered up in a trench coat. Is it too cold to wear skirts with thick sweater leggings?

NY Street Style Inspirations - pictures from altamiranyc





I will definitely be taking these things with me!

No comments: