Monday, August 1, 2011

Picture This: How to Add Drama to Pictures in 2 Steps

Who said you have to spend hours on post production to make your photos pop?
Add instant drama and interest to your photos in just 2 steps with this easy DIY photoshop tutorial.
Before




Step 1.First you will have to make a new background layer. Go to Layer>Duplicate Layer and rename to something that's easy to remember.

 Step 2. 
Now go to Filter>Blur>Gaussian Blur. Increase the radius until most of detail has been blurred out. Set the layer mask to Overlay reduce the Opacity to around 50% (or to your liking).

5 comments:

Sarah Sloboda said...

Very cool! I'm a pro photographer, and I love this tip. Thanks for sharing.

Cassie said...

I'll have to try this! I just learned from a friend how to use my manual settings on my Nikon and have been having so much fun! I'll have to see if my Adobe does this. >>>Cassie

Three Eggs said...

Loving your new collection by the way!

Ivy Frozen said...

Loving the photo tips, but why did you use two different photos for this one?

Ivy Frozen said...

n/m I see what you did now =)